- The first thing to consider when deciding to replace or repair your computer is price. It’s like a car if it would cost more to fix the car than the car is worth we tend to junk the car and get a new one, your computer is the same way. If it will cost you more to repair the computer compared to purchasing a new one then you would obviously want to replace it not repair it.
- The second consideration is age, how old is that computer anyways? If your computer is older than 7 years it might be high time to replace it. The traditional lifespan of a computer is between 3 and 7 years and a good thing to keep in mind is the price of your computer originally. Traditionally the more expensive your computer was to purchase the longer you can expect it to last. Technology and especially computers are constantly being upgraded and updated so if the broken computer is older than 7 years it might be a better option to replace it rather than repair it.
- Software is licensed not owned so if you have special software on your current computer that may not be able to be transferred to a new computer then repairing your current computer would make more sense.
Some things to keep in mind when trying to find a reliable and skilled computer repair technician:
- How long has the company been in business?
- Are the technicians certified in computer repair services?
- Do they have references that you can talk with?
Computers Plus Service, in Brighton Michigan, provides a wide range of valuable services for residential computer repair as well as a variety of commercial computer services to the entire Livingston County area including Howell, Brighton and the surrounding areas. You can find out more about the services offered by CPS at http://www.cpsmi.com.